Thursday, October 30, 2014

Log Cabin forever.

Here is a sneak peak of the project that is taking up my whole -little- sewing time. A little baby blanket for my new nephew. 
Chain piecing helps speed up the process, but it still is a very time consuming project. 


Deciding on a layout:



These log cabins take a lot of time, plus I'm a little OCD with their direction. I had to re-do some blocks (after these photos were taken) to make sure everything was sewn in the same direction and placed in the same direction also. See? OCD!

Anyways, I made half of these blocks a little while ago, got a little burned out with how long it was taking, so I took a little time off to work on other things. I just went back on working on these again, with a mind set of enjoying the process. To be honest, it really didn't take as long to work on the second half and I did enjoyed it - or still am, since it still not done. I think taking the pressure off my shoulders helped a lot. I guess I'll finish it when I finish it. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment