I am in the process of moving... again, so I am home these days packing my whole apartment into boxes. I feel like a pro-packer since I got in a routine of moving every couple of years. I try to clean and purge things as I go through them. Do you ever feel like you hold on to things for no reason? I am not a hoarder, in fact I came from Brazil with just a couple of suitcases, but now I just like to save things and when I move I realize that I didn't use those things for a whole year and a half or two. And that's why I like when I am in the mood of throwing things away. Have you ever felt that? It's just a combination of the right mood, right day (sunlight has a lot to do with that in my opinion) and the right music. Yes, the right music -- I can't pack without music, it's double boring. Anyways, these are a couple things to enjoy this week:
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
1. My new job, new co-workers, new challenges.
2. New bargain shoes I found yesterday at Anthro.
3. The first recipe I baked from my new Macrina cookbook: Morning Glory muffins.
4. My new watch that my dear aunt gave it to me. And I wanted one like this for so long.
5. Finishing packing and living the next days before the move with only the necessary - which means, no dishes to do and moving day is right at the door, yay!
6. The cute nail polish choices for this week.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
This past week was one with a lot of changes as I had given my two weeks notice at my job and accepted a new offer at another place. Meanwhile, I had vacation days already planned - my trip to Seattle.
The day of before my departure I got a call from old job saying I did not need to come back from vacation, since I had to work three more days to complete my two weeks. At first I was confused and worried. I did not want to leave on a bad note. As much I complained about it, it was a good job and it paid my bills for a whole year. I did not wanted to go on vacation and worry all the time.
That night I read Matthew 6: 25-27, 34: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ... Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own", so I decided to enjoy my trip, my family and friends and to deal with everything else when I got back.
My long weekend in Seattle, WA ended up being great and there were a lot of things I would like to mention, however, because of constrictions of time, space, and desire to write I am listing ten of my favorite things:
1. Macrina Cafe and cookbook - I'll eat anywhere that has pink boxes for take-out pastries
2. Green Hunters for Seattle weather
3. Vintage purse found at VAIN hair salon
4. Wine Tasting - wines from Washington.
5. Brunet on the internet Sephora nail polish - btw, you can see that I am again at Macrina Cafe - could not resist.
6. Public Market - Fresh fruit, Flowers, People, Seafood
7. Burt's Bees Rhubarb Lip Shimmer for when I want just a touch of red
8. New necklace found in Vintage store - like this
9. Views of Seattle: Architecture, People, Snow-peak Mountains. PS: I love the bride's maids pink heels.
10. Hiking in Snoqualmie - outside Seattle. Refreshing!
***BONUS: Even thought it is not listed as one of my 10 faves, my favorite moments were spent with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and husband in a little neighborhood outside of Seattle. We spent our days cooking, watching movies, and hitting some shops. Is there anything more precious than family? :) ***
Monday, March 14, 2011
Anthropologie Blazer, Anthropologie Top, Banana Republic Trousers,
Vintage scarf/belt, Target Pumps, Brazilian grass necklace
I am just another girl who loves to dress up, but unlike the other blogs I follow I cannot afford Marc Jacobs amazing bags, Topshops cool little dresses, or YSL gorgeous pumps. So, my outfits consists of sale items, some vintage finds, and -since I work in retail- my associate discount purchases. On top of that I have a husband that consistently reminds me of how much I shouldn't spend, which I am glad to have that balance or I would be broke by now. So to all of you that might share the same experience, I decided to post some ideas, outfits and links for some great looks on a budget.