Saturday, March 26, 2011

Change is good!


This past week was one with a lot of changes as I had given my two weeks notice at my job and accepted a new offer at another place. Meanwhile, I had vacation days already planned - my trip to Seattle.
The day of before my departure I got a call from old job saying I did not need to come back from vacation, since I had to work three more days to complete my two weeks. At first I was confused and worried. I did not want to leave on a bad note. As much I complained about it, it was a good job and it paid my bills for a whole year. I did not wanted to go on vacation and worry all the time.
That night I read Matthew 6: 25-27, 34: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ... Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own", so I decided to enjoy my trip, my family and friends and to deal with everything else when I got back.
My long weekend in Seattle, WA ended up being great and there were a lot of things I would like to mention, however, because of constrictions of time, space, and desire to write I am listing ten of my favorite things:

1. Macrina Cafe and cookbook - I'll eat anywhere that has pink boxes for take-out pastries

2. Green Hunters for Seattle weather
3. Vintage purse found at VAIN hair salon

4. Wine Tasting - wines from Washington.

5. Brunet on the internet Sephora nail polish - btw, you can see that I am again at Macrina Cafe - could not resist.

6. Public Market - Fresh fruit, Flowers, People, Seafood

7. Burt's Bees Rhubarb Lip Shimmer for when I want just a touch of red

8. New necklace found in Vintage store - like this

9. Views of Seattle: Architecture, People, Snow-peak Mountains. PS: I love the bride's maids pink heels.


10. Hiking in Snoqualmie - outside Seattle. Refreshing!


***BONUS: Even thought it is not listed as one of my 10 faves, my favorite moments were spent with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and husband in a little neighborhood outside of Seattle. We spent our days cooking, watching movies, and hitting some shops. Is there anything more precious than family? :) ***

No comments:

Post a Comment