Friday, February 21, 2014

Waiting for Spring

I think this is an understatement, but I cannot wait for Spring - warmer days, flowers blooming, and hopefully lots of outdoor activities with plenty of sunshine.
Until then, I will just wait while working on these Brazilian patterned fabric (called Chita -- chee-ta).


I have had these fabrics for a long time and haven't work much with them since it is a really open weave and not very soft, even thought it's 100% cotton. I made all my blocks lined or foundation pieced so it would have a better structured feeling.


I am enjoying working through the techniques while working on this sampler and think it will be a happy and fun wall hanging for my girls' room. I am afraid to tackle the free motion quilting for the first time on a finish project, so I am taking my time doing some practice sandwiches. I am not really good at it yet, so it might take a little while.

Sneak peak of the front all pinned and ready to be quilted. Now, I just need the courage to do it.
Nonetheless, I am really proud of my back block (bummer, I wish I had it on the front) that was done using a paper piecing technique.


That's all for now.
Happy crafting!
xo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment