Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bread making

This weekend I spend two days working on making and baking bread. I made my starter a couple of weeks ago following the recipe on the Macrina book that I bought in Seattle.
I made a rustic baguette and a Casera loaf, which were both really tasty and even though they use the same basic ingredients each one has a different consistency and flavor.
Making bread is a long process especially since I do not own a mixer, but I can assure you it is very satisfying when you have your first bite of the crisp crust, soft center loaf. The warm aroma of bread filling the air is very comforting.

15 minutes beating and a mess

More beating

Casera Loaf

Rustic baguette

To finish it up, we spread some raspberry, strawberry jam I made a month ago. It was delicious if I can say so myself. This is pretty close to the jam recipe I used from the SURE.JELL box directions.

Raspberry Strawberry Jam

Click here to see on the Macrina webpage how they made their starter.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment