Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A late Christmas gift done and gifted.


With the craziness of the holidays (trying to finish up those two quilts, plus lots of traveling) I totally dropped the ball on the teacher's gift. As soon as I came back I had to work on it.
I made these oven mitts and pot holder because there is a lot of baking during winter. I used scraps from my Sugar BOM, some neutrals (brown, deep purple and tan) and some polka dots and then I played with some FMQ.

 



The label still on the works - I used a Micron pen to write the other info. 

I used Insul-Bright by the Warm Company as a thermal batting, plus a layer of cotton batting. It is a little noisy and crinkly which I am hoping will fade away, because of the reflective metallic layer that protects from the heat. The bias binding on the mitt was a pain to get it machine stitched. Plus, I wasn't very happy with my bobbin thread showing up a bit (I used light gray on top and dark brown on the bobbin) but anyways, I want to make one for myself now

What kind of thermal batting do you use when making oven mitts and pot holders?





No comments:

Post a Comment