Here are some links of timelines that helped me a lot with schedules (I still bf on demand, but follow a basic schedule structure):
- On breastfeeding: http://www.thealphaparent.com/2011/12/timeline-of-breastfed-baby.html
- On sleep: http://www.thealphaparent.com/2013/01/timeline-of-baby-and-toddler-sleep.html
Here are some of my essentials:
- Instead of buying a bf cover, I just tie these swaddle blankets and put over around my neck. It's easy and makes it one less thing to buy/carry.
- Forget those floppy U-shaped bf pillows, this one is all you need and you don't have a baby that keeps sinking in between the pillow and you.
- I could never remember what side and what time, how many wets and how many soiled, or how lone did she sleep if it wasn't for this app. Cheer for the 21st century!
- I love the Eames rocking chair, but I couldn't afford paying $500 on one. Here is a cheaper version that still rock the looks.
- Burp cloths, you need lots of burp cloths!
- And a comfy, sporty bra is an essential for the day-to-day, but make sure to buy a cute one too.
- There might be situations when you need to pump, such as on airplanes, restaurants, or parks. I use this one.
I decided to write this post for the new moms who are trying to breast feed and get some zzz's, so I hope you enjoyed my story. Have a great day!